Eating to Live on the Outside: Spread
Spread’s menu is totally doable. I see a lot of veggies. Here’s quick list of foods I might order:
Flowering Arugula & Beet Salad
- Sylvetta arugula, maple croutons, arugula flowers, marinated Chioggia beets, fuerte avocado, red carrots and blood orange thyme vinaigrette; I like it, but I’d ditch the croutons and get the dressing on the side.
- Heirloom baby greens, yellow grape tomatoes, sweet onions, strawberries, French violas, baby celery, steamed baby artichokes and avocado basil dressing; lots of veggies, I dig it.
Banana Curry Oatmeal
- Caramelized onions, banana, curry and red carrots; I’m probably a banana addict at this point.
Macadamia Rose Pesto grits
- Roasted vegetables, handmade pesto, rose petals and macadamia; I’m not big on grits, but I’ll give it a try.
Kaffir Lime & Kumquat Glazed Vegetable Medley
- Purple cauliflower, red carrots, heirloom squash, kaffir lime and kumquat; I love cauliflower and purpler-er the better!
Haricots Verts Almondine
- Marcona almonds, blended oils, spices, sautéed beans and truffle; not too bad, the oil doesn’t scare me.
Wild Mushroom Ragu
- Roasted fingerling potatoes, flowering dill, rosemary, maitake and king trumpet mushrooms; looks really good.
Hibiscus Blossom Mole
- Grilled vegetables, corn tortillas, hibiscus essence and rose; I’m not sure I could eat a cute little mole, but vegetables are great.
Spread looks good. It works! Okay, if I “really” had to order something, I’d go for either the Mixed Lettuces or the Flowering Arugula & Beet Salad. Both look cool.
Now listen up! You can be a fake traveler too. Just check out Spread’s menu and tell me what you’d order.
Image credit: Spread