Happy Saturday! I’m hungry. Let’s grab something to eat. Today we’re off to California and stuffing our faces at Roots, a vegan restaurant serving kind food for kind folks. How cute.
Farmers Market Salad
- Mixed greens, seasonal veggies, shallot Dijon vinaigrette and slice of bread; I’m okay with the bread, but dressing on the side.
- Romaine lettuce, black beans, carrots, avocado, salsa, jicama, blue corn chips, pepitas and lemon garlic dressing; I can handle the chips and same deal with the dressing.
- Cucumber, avocado, red onion, sundried tomato, Romaine lettuce, sunflower sprouts, vinaigrette and mustard on wholegrain bread; lots of great stuff here!
Cilantro Hummus Wrap
- Carrot, cilantro, hummus, sundried tomato, red onion, zataar and lemon balsamic vinaigrette and whole wheat wrap; I really like sundried tomatoes.
- Black beans, salsa, avocado, pepitas and lemon garlic dressing and whole wheat wrap; no complaints here.
Thai Peanut Avo Wrap
- Jicama, avocado, cucumber, sprouts, carrot, Romaine lettuce, cilantro, mint, green onion and peanut sauce and whole wheat wrap; I’ll pretty much eat anything with avocado.
- Grilled Portobello mushroom, sundried tomato, basil, Romaine lettuce and lemon balsamic vinaigrette on ciabatta bread; mushrooms are cool and I’m fine with the bread.
- Cilantro hummus, artichoke hearts, Portobello mushroom, sundried tomato, basil, red onion, Romaine lettuce and lemon balsamic vinaigrette on ciabatta; I dig it.
Raw Wrap Avocado
- Sunflower sprouts, avocado, beets, seasonal local veggies, collard greens and raw lemon garlic dressing; hard to do better than beets and collard greens.
Certainly plenty of good stuff to choose from, but if I REALLY had to pick something. I’d order the Taco Salad or the Raw Wrap Avocado, although I am leaning towards the wrap.
Image credit: Roots