Eating to Live on the Outside: Lush
Looking at the menu, I dig it! It’s not perfect, but there are enough Fuhrman-friendly options to experiment. So, here’s what I might order:
Quinoa Tabouleh Salad
- Quinoa, fresh mint, parsley, cucumbers, tomatoes and black olive oil; okay, quinoa rocks, but the olive oil might annoy you. I’m cool.
Roasted Red Beet Carpaccio
- Red beets, baby arugula, red onion, fried capers and champagne vinaigrette; I’d nix the capers.
Steamed Butternut Squash Shuimai
- Butternut squash, garlic herb butter, toasted pumpkin seeds and balsamic reduction; I like the squash, but I’d pass on the butter.
Wehani Wild Rice Salad
- Wild rice, walnuts, dried cranberries, apples, celery, carrots and organic apple cider vinaigrette; the wild rice is a little iffy, but I’m okay with it.
Pan-Roasted Exotic Mushrooms
- Mushrooms, asparagus, sweet corn, roasted garlic risotto, fried leeks and truffle oil; if the risotto is dairy-free I can handle it, but the fried leeks do give me pause.
Fire-Grilled Herb-Marinated Portabella Caps
- Portabella mushrooms, roasted root vegetable farro, baby arugula, crispy salsify and thyme-infused garlic cream reduction; sounds free intriguing, hopefully they can ditch the cream.
Spicy Creole Vegetable Gumbo
- Vegetables, basmati rice, golden crisped okra and warm corn bread; I’d skip the corn bread and the rice doesn’t bother me too much.
Szechwan Glazed Tofu
- Tofu, red peppers, Vidalia onions and shitake mushrooms; pretty simple, sounds good.
Baby Argula, Endive, Melon and Stone Fruits
- All that stuff and vanilla bean vinaigrette; quite an enticing combination.
Not a landside of food, but there’s plenty of good stuff! If had to pick, I’d go for Roasted Red Beet Carpaccio or the Steamed Butternut Squash Shuimai. I’m a sucker for roasted beets.