Eating to Live on the Outside: Lotus Vegan Restaurant
Tons of cool stuff, like sprouts, beets, lentils, pineapple and avocado. I love avocado! Alright, here’s ALL the stuff I liked. Take a look:
- Rice noodles, Romaine lettuce, basil leaves, beans, carrots, sprouts and vegan house sauce; pretty good, rice noodles are iffy, you could ditch them, but everything else is cool.
- Thai vegan soup, with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, Napa cabbage, onion, zucchini and celery; might be salty, but LOTS of great stuff!
Hot & Sour Vegetable Soup
- Savory sour soup with lemon grass, Kaffir lime leaves, lime juice, broccoli, cauliflower, Napa cabbage, carrots, zucchini and celery; again with the salt, but sounds yummy.
- Sliced cucumbers, red onions, bell peppers and dressing; sounds good, I’d order the dressing on the side.
- Fresh greens, grilled tofu, Romaine lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers and light peanut dressing; same deal, dressing on the side.
High Protein Salad
- Garden fresh greens, edamame beans, avocado, Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onions and peanut dressing; sounds good to me!
- Romaine lettuce, Napa cabbage, carrots, onions, garlic, beets, cucumber, bean sprouts, grilled shiitake mushrooms, tofu, silvers noodle and seasoning; no noodles for me, otherwise its cool.
- Romaine lettuce, carrots, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes and cucumbers; no problems here!
Mystery Stir Fried Vegetable
- Tofu, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, red bell peppers, celery, bean sprouts, onions, zucchini and seasonings; yeah, the fried part stinks, but all the veggies are awesome.
- Grilled lentil with brown rice, onions, bell peppers and seasoning; the rice is iffy, but it’s interesting.
- Chinese eggplant, sautéed in chili sauce, onions, bell peppers and basil leaves; the sautéed part is bad, but I can deal with it.
Spicy Mint Leaves
- Fresh mint leaves and chili, sautéed with garlic, onions and bell peppers; same thing here.
Sweet & Sour
- Sautéed pineapple chunks with cucumber, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and sweet and sour sauce; again, same deal.
- Broccoli sautéed with Thai vegan gravy sauce; I love broccoli.
- Roasted cashews sautéed with onions, bell peppers, carrots, green onion, celery and water chestnuts; I’m digging it.
- Lentil patty made with brown rice, onions, red bell peppers and cilantro; the rice might scare you, but lentils are really good. The bun is a concession.
- Lentil loaf with mushrooms; again, the bun might be a turnoff.
Grilled Veggie Burger
- Sautéed zucchini, eggplant, red bell peppers, mushrooms and onions; I really like zucchini!
- Avocado, lentils, lettuce, tomato, alfalfa sprouts and whole wheat lavash; the bread might scare you, but avocado is rock star.
- Sautéed onion, eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, lettuce, tomato and pepper; again, the wrap and sautéing might worry you.
The curry looks good too. Provided you stick with the vegetable options and not the mock duck. Also, try ordering a bunch of sides. I like the steamed veggies and lentil loaf. But overall, my pick is the High Protein Salad.
Image credit: Lotus Vegan Restaurant