Eating to Live on the Outside: Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant
It’s Friday! Time for your favorite, Eating to Live on the Outside! This week, via the powers of the internet, we’re heading to Leaf in Boulder, Colorado. And, it looks pretty good. Lots of veggie food!
Leaf is a vegetarian restaurant, which is always a good start, so after much contemplation. Here’s a list of things I’d consider ordering.
- Butternut squash, caramelized onions and dried fruit chutney; sounds cool, chutney is always fun!
Thai Spring Roll
- Rice noodle, carrot, Romaine lettuce, bean sprouts, basil, cilantro and peanut dipping sauce; the noodles are iffy, but I deal with it.
Chopped Market Salad
- Hearts of Romaine, red bell peppers, grape tomatoes, red onion, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and tahini vinaigrette; I like it, but with dressing on the side.
- Green papaya, shredded carrot, tomato, fresh basil, roasted peanuts and spicy chili dressing; this type of salad is one of my favorite things, ever!
Falafel in Pita
- Chickpea croquettes, black hummus, cucumber, lettuce tomato, red onion and tahini sauce; I’d get the dressing on the side here too.
- Portabella mushrooms, walnuts, onions, herbs, tomato, onion, provolone and remoulade; looks okay, but I’d ditch the remoulade.
Butternut Squash Tower
- Butternut squash, roasted eggplant, caramelized onions, collard greens, grilled green apple, and cranberry-cashew cream; the cream is obviously nut-based, so I dig it!
Jamaican Jerk Tempeh
- Tempeh, forbidden black rice, coconut, coconut plantain sauce, sautéed greens and fruit salsa; I’m not a big tempeh guy, but I can’t pass on the greens, even if they are sautéed.
Tomato Napoleon (Raw)
- Heirloom tomatoes, zucchini, pine nut ricotta, sundried tomato sauce and mizuna; raw stuff always intrigues me, sounds cool!
Okay, my favorite is the Papaya Salad, whenever I see it on a menu, I have to order it! The Chopped Market Salad is cool too. Overall, I think Leaf works! Plenty of Fuhrman-friendly options and not a lot of grief, can't beat that!
Image credit: Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant