Having flipped through their online menu, here’s a bunch of things I’d consider ordering. Some are pretty wild and very unique, take a look:
Winter Melon Stew
- Watermelon broth, Santa Claus melon, honeydew and lavender; interesting, I’ve never even heard of Santa Claus melon!
- Creamy lemon and dulse vinaigrette, baby iceberg lettuce, red onion, eggplant bacon and garlic croutons; I’ll skip the croutons and since they don’t use animal products, I’m curious to see what eggplant bacon is.
- Baby lettuce, house-made cheese, croutons and green goddess vinaigrette; same deal with the croutons and don’t worry about the cheese, its nut cheese.
Big House Salad
- Baby lettuce, marinated and pickled vegetables, raw red wine vinaigrette, herbed cheese and croutons; again with the croutons.
Baby Arugula Salad
- Pickled asparagus, baby arugula grapefruit, marcona almonds and soaked currants; I love asparagus!
Marinated Shiitake Mushroom and European Cucumber Salad
Land and Sea
- Baby iceberg, fresh garbanzos, marinated shiitake mushrooms, cucumbers and orange Thai chili cream; looks good.
Like I said, pretty exotic. But if I had to choose, I’d probably go with the Land and Sea or the Big House Salad. All those mushrooms intrigue me and a salad is always a great idea.
Image credit: Grezzo Restaurant