Okay, I just finished looking at Flore’s menu and I really like what I see. Kale pops up everywhere! Here’s a list of stuff I might order:
- Kale, tofu, mushroom, tomato, onion, toasted batard and fruit or potatoes; I’d skip the batard and go with the fruit.
Cantaloupe Blueberry Gazpacho
- Agave nectar, cubed cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, avocado and mint garnish; sounds very creative.
- Whole soybeans served with tamari and lemon; go easy on the tamari, but edamame beans rock!
- Kale chips with orange slices; it’s pretty hard to beat kale.
- Nori, black beans, jicama, carrot, red bell pepper, daikon sprout, cashew cheese, lime wedges and tamari citrus dipping sauce; just watch the sauce.
- Mixed baby greens, tofu egg salad, shredded carrot, baked tofu, roasted beets, edamame salad, tomato, avocado and daikon sprouts, served with hummus and dressing; I’d nix the egg salad and get the dressing on the side.
- Baby greens, tomato, cucumber, kalamata olives, quinoa tabouli, hummus and olive oil vinaigrette; I’ll pass on the olives, same deal with the dressing.
Mega Green Salad
- Mixed greens, daikon radish, micro greens, mint leaves, shredded kale, light orange dressing and a side of raw walnuts; looks really good.
The Flore Burger
- Black been burger, sliced tomato, sprouts, red onion, green leaf lettuce and thousand island dressing, served with potato salad, side salad or fruit; I’d order a side salad and pay extra for avocado!
- Marinated portabella, soy mozzarella, kale, ciabatta bread and dill dressing, served with potato salad, side salad or fruit; I’ll pass on the cheese and the bread is a little iffy, but I’m okay with it.
- Baked tofu, roasted vegetables, shredded kale, brown basmati rice, tofu dressing and a wheat tortilla, served with potato salad, side salad or fruit; dressing on the side and I’ll go with salad again.
Quinoa Tabouli Wrap
- Hummus, quinoa tabouli, mixed greens, shredded carrot, cucumber, brown basmati rice and tahini dressing served with potato salad, side salad or fruit; same deal here too.
Basmati Brown Rice Bowl
- Crispy kale, brown basmati rice, shredded carrot, raw sunflower seeds, lime wedges, daikon sprouts, avocado and dressing, with baked tofu or teriyaki seitan on the side; I’d go for the baked tofu.
- Julianned seasoned jicama, kale, chopped cilantro, raw sunflower seeds, raw cashew cheese, pico de gallo, green leaf lettuce, lime wedges and dehydrated mango slices; it all looks good.
That’s a lot of food! Personally, I’d either order The Salad, The Flore Burger or the Mega Green Salad. In general, I always try to order something with greens, just my own little rule.
By now you’re probably getting hungry. So, thumb through Flore’s menu and let me know what you’d order. Do you like my picks or something else—do tell, do tell! Peace.