Eating to Live on the Outside: Bombay Indian Restaurant
I feel like I say it every Saturday, but I’m wiped out! I have just enough energy to take a “trip” to California, because this week Eating to Live on the Outside is off to San Francisco to grab a bite to eat at Bombay Indian Restaurant. And at first glance it looks okay.
Now, I just finished sifting through the menu. Some stuff you want to avoid, like the lamb and cheese, but there’s plenty of good food too. Here’s a quick list of potential options:
- Indian style cucumber, tomato and onion; you can never go wrong with tomatoes.
- Green salad, cucumber and tomato; nice and simple.
Bombay Vegetable Masala
- Mixed vegetables cooked with bell peppers, spinach, onions, cheese, ginger, garlic and spices; lot’s of great vegetables, but I’ll ditch the cheese.
- Eggplant and potatoes cooked with herbs and spices; I’m Italian, naturally I love eggplant.
- Vegetables cooked in a light curry; I wonder what veggies are in this.
- Green peas, mushrooms and spices with coconut sauce; its hard for me to pass up mushrooms.
- Cauliflower and potatoes in spiced gravy; looks like another good one.
- Fresh spinach cooked with potatoes, herbs and spices; put spinach in something and I’ll probably eat it.
- Potatoes and green peas cooked in curry sauce; not too bad.
Bombay Vegetable Coconut Curry
- Fresh vegetables cooked with coconut curry sauce; I’m cool with this.
- Okra cooked with chopped onions, tomatoes and spices; I still haven’t tried okra yet!
- Fresh cut spinach cooked with garbanzo beans and spices; love that spinach.
- Saffron rice with fresh vegetables, nuts and herbs; looks okay.
Bombay serves up a lot of vegetables, and beans—lots of beans—you know what that means! Now, if I REALLY had to pick something the Mixed Salad or the Cucumber Salad are probably the safest bet, but I could be lured into ordering the Bombay Vegetable Masala.
Okay, time for you guys to get off your lazy butts. Flip through Bombay’s menu and tell me what you like. Oh, and if any of you ever go to any of these places, say so in the comments. If not, I’ll thrash you!
Image credit: Bombay Indian Restaurant