It’s been cold and snowy in New Jersey. A trip to California would do me good. So, via the powers of the internet, I’m off to San Diego to drop by Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India. It has potential.
- Mixed greens, onions, mango and green chilies; sounds great, I love mango!
Baby Green Salad
- Greens with dressing; pretty simple, but dressing on the side.
- Onions, cucumbers, tomatoes and Serrano chilies, tossed with fresh lemon, oil and chatt masala; the oil is a little iffy, but I’m okay with it.
- Fresh spinach cooked in creamy onion sauce; spinach is awesome, but hopefully there’s no dairy.
Mixed Vegetable Korma
- Creamy saffron sauce, garden veggies, almonds, raisins and spices; same deal with the creamy sauce.
- Lentils cooked in spiced sauce; it’s hard to beat lentils!
- Garbanzo beans with onion and garlic sauce; beans are fantastic, they’re musical!
Tofu & Peas
- Garden peas and tofu cooked in a creamy, spicy curry sauce; again with the sauce.
Vegetarian Tikka Masala
- Chopped veggies cooked in authentic curry sauce; very cool.
- Potatoes tossed with chopped onions, tomato, cilantro and cumin, seasoned with mild curry sauce; I pretty much like anything with tomatoes.
- Spinach cooked with potatoes and spicy sauce; I dig it.
- Cauliflower and tomatoes cooked in onion gravy sauce; no problems here.
Vegetable Jahl Frezi
- Potatoes, bell peppers, cauliflower, peas, carrots and zucchini in a sweet and spicy curry sauce; hooray for zucchini!
Dizzy Noo Shak
- Bananas marinated in spices and cooked in sweet and spicy coconut curry sauce; I eat more bananas than a monkey!
- Pureed roasted eggplant cooked with spices and peas; its certainly unique and very interesting.
- Cooked Okra with roasted cumin, onion, tomatoes, bell peppers and mild curry sauce; I’ve actually never had okra, perfect time to try!
Bombay’s got a lot to choose from. Most of the menu isn’t going to work, but that list isn’t bad. If I had to pick, I’d order the Kashmiri Salad, Vegetable Jahl Frezi or the Channa Masala.
That’s my top three. I always try to pick dishes with the most veggies, specifically greens, but what about you? What looks good to you? Check out Bombay’s menu and let me know. Peace.
Image credit: Bombay Exotic Cuisine of India