Eating to Live on the Outside: 222 Veggie Vegan
Now, just because Shaun of the Dead is my favorite movie does not influence my opinion in any way. 222 Veggie Vegan is awesome! Here’s a rough draft of stuff I might order:
Bean and Tofu Pancake
- Black eye bean and tofu pate wrapped in a whole-meal pancake, topped with tomato chunks and vegan cream sauce; normally I avoid vegan faux-foods, but I’ll give this a whirl.
- Baked plantain, okra, falafels, tomato sauce, marinated aubergines and courgettes; believe it or not, I’ve never tried okra.
- Seasoned vegetables, chickpeas and brown basmati rice; I’m cool with the rice, no worries.
- Seasoned vegetables, greens, avocado chunks, asparagus, potatoes, sun dried tomatoes and artichokes marinated with olive dressing; looks great, but dressing on the side.
Broccoli and Mushrooms Salad
- Red onion, broccoli, mushrooms and extra virgin olive oil; same thing with the olive oil here.
Tomato, Cucumber and Organic Tofu Salad
- Tofu, tomato and cucumber with light pesto dressing; tomatoes are a wonderful thing!
Mixed Leaf Salad
- Mixed leaves and light pesto dressing; I dig it.
Sun-dried Tomatoes and Jerusalem Artichokes Salad
- Jerusalem artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes; short and simple.
Yeah, 222 Veggie Vegan is bloody good and I love that they avoid stuff like refined and fried foods. Now, if I REALLY had to pick something, I’m going with veggie-packed Chef’s Salad.
Okay, it's your turn. Check out 222 Veggie Vegan’s menu and let me know what you’d order.
Image credit: 222 Veggie Vegan