Disease Proof

25% of People Say No to Flu Shot

A survey of 4,000 adults revealed 53% of people would not get a flu shot this year and 25% of that said they did not need one. Unlike the CDC that recommends 85% of the population get vaccinated against the flu. Someone needs to use up the 146 million doses just sitting around; via Reuters.

The flu shot thing is mired in propaganda. According to Dr. Fuhrman, most people eating a nutrient-dense diet and practicing good hygiene can easily ward off flu cells. No need to set off a panic!

Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
http://www.diseaseproof.com/admin/trackback/100354
Comments (10) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Steve - December 12, 2008 9:46 AM

Hi Gerry
The ads have started again in Canada pushing the flu shot. I have never received one myself, and certainly won't be getting one this year.
Cheers, Steve

Foodaroo - December 12, 2008 10:50 AM

Two of my colleagues (processed food eaters) had their flu shots earlier this year, and they both got very sick recently. I told them to go back to their doctors to get a refund.

Claudia - December 12, 2008 1:07 PM

Gerry, Actually those who said they didn't need a flu shot were 25% of the 70% that had not yet gotten one. This means that about 700 of the 4000 surveyed, or about 17.5% felt they didn't need a shot. The CDC says that 15% of the population doesn't need a shot, so the public perception is actually very close to what the CDC recommends.

McBloggenstein - December 12, 2008 2:43 PM

"I told them to go back to their doctors to get a refund."

Haha!

I've never gotten one either. The panic over them for some people is so strange. I wonder what percentage of the pop got flu shots as little as 10 or 20 years ago.

James - December 12, 2008 10:19 PM

During my 7 year stint in the Army, I received the flu shot close to a dozen times, and each time I got sick from it (runny nose, coughing, but nothing too serious). Funny how the only time I have gotten flu symptoms in the past 10 years or so is when I get a vaccination.

Sharon Shaw - December 13, 2008 12:19 AM

...not to mention the preservatives and other "excipents": mercury? thimerasol? aluminum?.....If I wanted heavy metal I'd buy a cd....

A Biochemist - December 13, 2008 5:11 AM

The reason that they suggest most healthy people get a flu shot is NOT because the CDC cares if you PERSONALLY get the flu. In fact a lot of healthy people will show few, if any, symptoms after catching the flu because their healthy immune system fights off the infection. The reason why you should get a flu shot is to prevent unknowingly infecting children, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems(e.g. AIDS, cancer, etc.).

Immunizations DO WORK and there are many double-blind studies conducted by impartial institutions to show that they work.

Think about it: Do you really want risk infecting your elderly parents or your own young children because you're selfish? What if they have to be hospitalized or worse? Personally, I'm willing to take a needle stick to help them stay healthy, and I hope that you are too.

Steve - December 13, 2008 10:25 AM

Gerry, last year my elderly father received his flu shot and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia soon after, he almost passed away. I realize this is an association and not necessarily a causation, but a) the shot MAY have contributed to this serious illness, and b) it CERTAINLY did not help prevent it.

What kind of industrial quality control is used when manufacturing zillions of anything, let alone medicines?

Perhaps I am biased, but I do not trust this flu shot campaign at all, it just sounds like more "Overdosed America" (or Canada) to me. (Did you see a recent editorial in the news recommending that EVERYONE take Ritalin!!!)

Cheers, Steve

Sara - December 13, 2008 6:56 PM

I do not trust this or any other vaccination campaign. I do not intend to poison myself. I never had a flu shot, did not get the flu or make anyone else sick.

Monty - December 15, 2008 11:40 AM

Looking at the effects of other vaccination campaigns, we find that the greatest outbreak of smallpox followed universal smallpox vaccination (research by Barry Mesh), the first cases of AIDS followed tests of Hepatitis-B vaccination, and the pandemic of AIDS in Africa followed smallpox vaccination. Thus, it appears as if vaccination is a form of biological warfare rather than a public health measure. Maybe the 25% who didn't get the flu shots knew something, or the other 75% were responding to operant conditioning.

Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.
Suite 408
Flemington, NJ 08822