Okay, I just finished clicking through Kaya’s menu and it’s got a lot of potential. A ton of great salads and some other food that might tickle your fancy, take a look:
Oriental Sesame Salad
- Mixed field greens, diced tofu, carrot, mushroom, red onion, alfalfa sprouts and oriental sesame dressing; I dig it, but I’m getting the dressing on the side.
- Mixed field greens, plum tomato, cucumber, carrot, sprouts, celery, bell pepper, sliced avocado, red onion and lemon-ginger dressing; very cool, avocado rocks!
Spicy Cajun Tofu Salad
- Mixed field greens, carrot, plum tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, sprouts, Cajun grilled tofu and ranch dressing; I think the dressing is vegan, but it’s still going on the side.
Baby Spinach & Fresh Mozzarella Salad
- Baby spinach, field greens, grilled Portabella mushroom, plum tomato, fresh mozzarella (dairy), roasted red pepper and balsamic vinaigrette; I’ll pass on the cheese.
- Mixed field greens, plum tomato, carrot, cucumber, sliced avocado, red onions, sprouts, sunflower seeds and dressing; lots of good stuff here.
- Mixed field greens, sprouts, raisins, chopped apple, dried cranberries, carrot, red onion and dressing; this is great too! Dressing on the side.
Grilled Veggie Melt
- Marinated & grilled zucchini, squash, peppers, onion, eggplant, portabella mushrooms, tomato and vegan or dairy cheese; all those veggies are too good to pass up, but no cheese for me and I’d order it with steamed organic vegetables, instead of the other options. And the bread is a concession I can deal with.
Hummus & Avocado
- Homemade hummus, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion and a warp or roll; same thing with the side and bread here too.
Portobello Mushroom Platter
- Sliced Portobello, eggplant, zucchini, squash, roasted red pepper, tomato marinated and grilled with garlic-tamari and brown rice; sounds great, I deal with the rice. I don’t eat a lot of rice.
Happy Buddah Stew
- Sweet potatoes, mushrooms, onion, cauliflower, eggplant, chick peas, seitan, green peas, sauce and brown rice; lots of nice veggies here, now I’m not a big seitan fan, but I’d be okay with it in this instance.
Kaya’s Kitchen looks pretty good. And it’s in New Jersey, which makes it even cooler. My top two choices would be the Harvest Salad and Spring Salad. Like always, salads reign supreme!