It’s Saturday. Time for the Eating to Live on the Outside road show. And today we’re “off” to Nile Ethiopian Restaurant in Virginia. How does it stack up? I like it. Here’s a quick list of stuff I might order.
- Whole lentils cooked and mashed, seasoned lime juice and mustard; lentils are awesome. Just make sure you don’t order lentils if you’re out on a date. Toot, toot!
Ater Kik Alicha
- Yellow split peas cooked in mildly flavored sauce, seasoned with garlic and ginger; looks good to me. It’s hard to go wrong with garlic.
- Finely chopped collard green seasoned with garlic and ginger; collard greens are always a winner for me.
- Green cabbage seasoned with fresh garlic and ginger; cabbage is cool, just watch out for the toot-toots here too.
- String beans and carrots cooked in a mild caramelized onion sauce; string beans are great. I like them when they’re a tad undercooked. They’re crispier that way.
Now, if I REALLY had to pick something. I’d go with the go with the Gomen. I eat collard greens a lot. So I’ll stick with the sure thing. What about you? What would you order? Check out Nile’s menu and let know.
Image credit: Nile Ethiopian Restaurant