Nutritional Excellence vs. Cancer
Graciela Flores of Reuters Health reports that a study conducted by the International Agency for Research on Cancer determined that smoking lowers chances of surviving throat cancer.
Dr. Rajesh P. Dikshit, a member of the research team, says:
This is a very important finding. We knew that smoking is a cause of laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer, but now it's clear that it affects survival as well. Alcohol consumption also had a negative effect on survival, but to a lesser extent than tobacco.
He explains that regular consumption of vegetables can actually improve cancer survival rates:
We found that a high intake of vitamin C significantly improved the patients' survival.
Eating vegetables and vitamin C is also something cancer patients should consider. Doctors are prescribing this already, but now we have demonstrated that these diet components improve the patients' survival, and perhaps make the treatment more effective.
The idea that vegetables can be an important tool in fighting cancer is central to Dr. Fuhrman's work. In Dr. Fuhrman's book Eat to Live, for instance, he explains that the phytochemicals in plants appear to play an important role:
Phytochemicals, or plant-derived chemicals, occur naturally in plants (phyto means "plant"). These nutrients, which scientists are just starting to discover and name, have tremendously beneficial effects on human physiology. The effects of our not consuming sufficient amounts of them are even more astounding--premature death from cancer and atheroscleriosis.
A recent edition of Dr. Fuhrman's monthly newsletter Healthy Times provides some real-life examples of diet having dramatic effects after cancer diagnoses:
In my medical practice over the last 15 years, I have observed numerous people utilize nutritional excellence as their primary treatment for cancer. Although I have been witness to the deaths of some very special, brave and loving individuals, I also have seen some dramatic recoveries. For example:
- I have observed a young woman with stage-4 metastatic colon cancer who made a complete recovery with no treatment except nutritional excellence and who had no further cancer noted on follow-up CT scans.
- I have observed 8 women with CIN III of the cervix reverse the abnormality back to normal with my nutritional protocols in 4 to 6 months.
- I observed a woman with metastatic breast cancer to the bones make a complete recovery, with no signs of recurrent disease.
- I observed a woman with a positive biopsy for breast cancer who left the tumor untreated; the tumor shrunk and disappeared into a small scar.
- I have seen many men with prostate cancer drop their PSA levels into the normal range and keep them there with this nutritional protocol with no further advancement of the cancer.
Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Dr. Fuhrman's Executive Offices
4 Walter E. Foran Blvd.Flemington, NJ 08822